Use this checklist to prepare your service unit for the Girl Scout Cookie Sale.
Be sure to follow your own council’s guidelines.
- Collect a cookie team! Follow your council's recruitment guidelines and set up an online communication system for your team.
- Identify local delivery sites by working with your council. A good delivery site should be safe, convenient, dry, and easily accessible to delivery trucks.
- Conduct training for troop/cookie managers and leaders/advisors.
- Set the tone with your enthusiasm!
- Focus on the importance of goal setting.
- Be a mentor for first-timers.
- Distribute troop materials and explain how to use them.
- Encourage online documentation.
- Introduce COCO and other ABC online resources.
- Gather troop cookie orders and compile the service unit cookie order.
- Supervise cookie distribution.
- Manage booth sales within your service unit.
- Monitor cupboards if you have them, and keep in touch with your troops so that surplus cookies can be redistributed quickly.
- Re-order more cookies as needed!
- Ensure that all the cookie money is collected.
- Prepare all necessary reports and paperwork for cookies and recognitions and turn in to your council on time.